If you wish for your orthodontic braces to serve you well, there are a few things you can do to ensure your teeth will continue to get the care they deserve. If you keep your braces in working order and keep them as clean as you would your teeth, your orthodontic care will go along as smooth as you could hope for. Here are some of the basics of cleaning your braces:
– Never leave your retainer in too long as it can host contaminated bacteria, so be sure to clean it at least once per week.
– Various products such as fruits and nuts can easily get caught between your teeth and braces, so try to avoid sticky and chewy substances while getting orthodontic treatments such as braces.
– Wearing braces should not stop you from caring for your smile, so continue to brush and floss daily.
– Avoid skipping meetings or checkups with your orthodontist.
– Should the worst happen and you by accident break your braces, do not attempt to fix them on your own.
– Never participate in high-risk activities or sports without first making sure you are suitably wearing the necessary amount of safety gear and equipment to keep your smile safe.
If you have any issues with your smile’s alignment, it can be repaired. Donald W. Linck II DDS, INC remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 925-933-0435. Stop by our orthodontic office in Pleasant Hill, California, and Dr. Donald W Linck II and our team will give you the treatment you need. Let us help you with all of your orthodontic needs.