Do you know how to spot a malocclusion? A malocclusion is a bad bite in which the alignment of teeth or your jaw is incorrect. If you suffer from a malocclusion, you may require an orthodontic treatment to correct it. Listed below are some common malocclusions that an occur with your smile:
Other forms of malocclusion:
– Spacing malocclusions form when there are irregular spaces and gaps between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions form when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong location.
– Rotation malocclusions form when your teeth are jolted out of alignment.
Types of incisor malocclusions:
– Overbites, also known as upper protrusions and buck teeth, form when the top and bottom incisors are not aligned properly with the top ones protruding out further.
– Open bites form when your top and bottom incisors do not meet or line up when you bite down.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, form when the top and bottom incisors are not aligned properly with the bottom ones protruding out further.
– Misplaced midlines are malocclusions that form when the direct center of the incisors fails to line up on both the top and bottom of your smile.
If you are showing signs of malocclusions, come visit our office for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Donald W Linck II, our orthodontist in Pleasant Hill, California, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 925-933-0435. We will get you back to smiling once more!